The traditional college model of learning hasn’t fundamentally changed in centuries. We’ve seen technology touch every aspect of our lives and yet today’s students are still handed static textbooks and passively listen to professors who lecture as they did in the middle ages.
101edu is transforming higher education with our active learning platform for STEM courses. We’re a VC backed team of engineers, educators, and innovators who are redefining the way students learn and interact with their subject-matter. We focus on elegant, discipline-specific interactive assessment tools that triumph over generic multiple choice and antiquated online homework. Our first product for chemistry, Chem101, has been quickly adopted at over 500 higher ed institutions and we’re just getting started. Check out some of our innovative work here: www.aktiv.com.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced Freelance Graphic Designer to join our growing Design team up to 10-15 hours a week with the possibility of more based on performance. In this role you will be responsible for static graphics and images for web and social media. Furthermore, you will be working directly with the lead designer and director of marketing to create advertisements for a plethora of platforms.
- Create static graphics and images for web and social media.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on visual concepts to represent our product and brand.
- Create digital advertisements in variety of dimensions that leverage stock photography and creative use of color, text, and CTA buttons
- Create printable collateral including postcards of different sizes, one-sheets, and brochures.
- Experienced in designing graphics for a range of channels and audiences.
- Highly structured and keen attention to detail.
- Able to work quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Experience giving and receiving constructive feedback is essential.
- Able to adapt the tone of voice and visual style to tell a story.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- Experience with basic HTML is a big plus!
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- A portfolio demonstrating your past advertising and marketing collateral graphic design work.
- It does not matter if you have 30 years of experience or 3 years. We’re looking for a talent whose portfolio demonstrates that they can get the job done.