OFFICIAL RULES FOR Aktiv May Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”)
Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Top Hat (US) Group Corp. (“Sponsor”).
Contest period: The Sweepstakes shall start at 4:00 pm E.T. on May 3, 2023 and end at 11:59 pm E.T. on May 31, 2023 (the “ Sweepstakes Period”).
Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to only individuals who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Sweepstakes and are residents of the United States and Canada, with the exception of residents of the province of Québec. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by applicable law.
Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and its affiliates (“Sponsor Parties”) and their immediate family are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Immediate family” means (1) the spouse, parents, step-parents, in-laws, children, siblings, and grandchildren of the employee and their spouse, (2) individuals for whom the employee is legal guardian, and (3) individuals who reside with an employee.
How to enter: Each instructor who completes an Aktiv Chemistry demo booked through https://calendly.com/d/y54-bct-tjp during the Sweepstakes Period will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. No purchase is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes.
Disqualified Entries: No mechanically reproduced, incomplete, forged, software-generated, or automated multiple entries will be accepted.
Prize Details: The Sponsor will randomly select one winner for each of the three prize categories listed below; when signing up for the Aktiv demo, each instructor will be required to select one prize category they wish to be entered into.
- One all-expense paid trip (estimated value of $1,700 USD) to the Sponsor’s Engage conference to be held in San Diego from October 26, 2023 to October 27, 2023, consisting of:
- Travel cost incurred to travel to/from San Diego, arriving on October 26, 2023.
- One night stay at the hotel accommodation for Engage, the night of October 26, 2023.
- Meals for the duration of the conference.
- Free entry to the conference.
- One $500 gift card at the winner’s school bookstore for a student of the winner’s choice
- Reimbursement of up to $500 worth of travel expenses for travel to either the American Chemical Society Spring Conference 2024 or Biennial Conference on Chemical Education 2024 (subject to submission of eligible receipts by winner to the Sponsor)
The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will notify winners on or about June 5, 2023. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution is allowed except a substitute prize of equal or greater value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Winner selection: Sponsor will randomly select the 3 winners (1 for each prize) using random number generating software on or about June 5, 2023 at approximately 5:00 pm ET. Participants will select the prize of choice while registering for the Aktiv Chemistry Demo.
- By entering, each contestant agrees (a) to abide by these official rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which decisions are final and binding on all participants, (b) to receive email messages from the Sponsor solely in connection with the Sweepstakes, and (c) that they are not prohibited from entering the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize by any applicable law, regulation, or institutional rule.
- The Sponsor Parties assume no liability, and shall not be liable, for any loss, damage, or claim caused by or resulting from the Sweepstakes, entering the Sweepstakes, or the prizes, including without limitation (a) any technical malfunctions such as failure of any telephone or computer lines or networks, (b) injury or damage to any person’s computer hardware, software, or peripherals related to entering the Contest, and (c) any breaches of privacy by a third party.
- Sponsor shall have the right to verify any and all entries into the Sweepstakes.
- To be declared a winner and receive their prize, the potential winner must complete an Aktiv Chemistry Demonstration by May 31st, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.
- If a participant makes any false statement, they will be automatically disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or amend the Sweepstakes at any time and in any way without prior notice, including without limitation as a result of a virus, bug, or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupting the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes . Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Failure to comply with these official rules or applicable law will result in the forfeiture of the prize. Winners may be required to execute.
Governing law: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and other laws.
Tax consequences: Winners will be solely responsible for all taxes and fees or costs associated with any price, including without limitation federal, state, provincial, or other income tax.
Indemnification: Participants agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor Parties from and against, any liability, claims, losses, damages or proceedings, (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to any actions taken by contestant. Participants also agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages or proceedings, including but not limited for death (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to prizes and any other matter in connection with a contestant’s participation in the Sweepstakes